What we’ll do
We are committed to ensuring our diverse multicultural communities are well supported through services and various programs, along with being encouraged to host and showcase their culture and customs with the wider South Australian community.
To ensure adequate funding is allocated for specific sector needs, we will conduct a comprehensive budget review across the sector to work out an equitable funding structure.
Our priority areas include:
- The promotion of strong intercultural networks;
- Arts and sports programs that target young people across all communities;
- Partnerships and programs that promote employment, volunteering and participation for new arrivals and migrants, including programs focused on women, youth and seniors;
- Languages programs for teachers, students and families;
- Supporting participation of people with disability and aged care needs from diverse backgrounds; and
- Skills and leadership development programs for community organisations.